terça-feira, março 07, 2006

Volto já! já ...

LIFE GETS “TEEJUS”, “DON'T” IT?
Carson Robison. 1890-1957. Oswego, Kansas

Oiça a declamação aqui


The sun comes up and the sun goes down,
The hands on the clock keep goin' around,
I just get up and it's time to lay down,
Life gets teejus', don't it?

My shoe's untied, but I don't care,
I ain't a-figure' on goin' nowhere.
I have to wash and comb my hair,
That's just wasted effort.

Water in the well gets lower and lower,
Can't had a bath for six months 'r more,
But I've heard it said, and it's true, I'm sure,
That too much bathing'll weaken you.



I open the door and the flies swarm in,
I shut the door and I'm sweatin' agin.
And in the process I crack my shin,
Just one damn thing after another.

My old brown mule, he must be sick,
I jabbed him in the rump with a pin on a stick.
He humped his back, but he wouldn't kick,
There's somethin' cock-eyed somewhere.

There's a mouse chawin' at the pantry door,
He's been at it, now for a month or more.
When he gets through he'll sure be sore.
There ain't a darn thing in there..

Hound dog howlin' so forelorn,
Laziest dog that ever was born.
He's howlin' 'cause he's settin' on a thorn,
And just too tired to move over.

The tin roof leaks and the chimney leans,
There's a hole in the seat of my old blue jeans,
And I've et the last of them pork and beans,
Just cain't depend on nothin'.

Cow's gone dry and the hens won't lay,
Fish quit bitin' last Saturday,
Troubles pile up day by day,
And now I'm gettin' dandruff.

Grief and mis'ry, pains and woes,
Debts and the taxes, and so it goes.
I think I'm gettin' a cold in the nose,
Life gets tasteless, don't it?

0 Comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Subscrever Enviar feedback [Atom]

<< Página inicial